Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cocoa Cones

Well, I think I am on the mend although after being sick all week, my energy level is not great.  Yesterday, my sister came over after work and we made some goodies for a few hours before we had to leave.  She used my Big Shot Note die and cut out a bunch of dies with it.  I think she has decided she HAS to have one of the dies!!  We met our other sister and Mom at Berea Baptist Church for their Singing Christmas Carol.  It was the first time I had seen one of these and it was really neat.  There were probably about 10 tiers to the human tree.  The singers looked like it was a tight squeeze in there and of course, they had to stand during the whole service.  One lady fainted towards the top.  There's no where for her to fall to - someone just noticed her slumped over and they got her down.  That's probably why it was pretty cold in the church.  Anyway, it was a really nice event.  Afterwards, we went out to dinner.  But, of course, first Marianne & I had to dash over to Michael's to get some last minute things!  When we got there, she noticed her husband's car in the parking lot & we caught him coming out of Michaels.  Busted!!  Guess she knows what he's getting her for Christmas!  We bought some Wilton decorating bags to make these cocoa treats that I gave to some of the gals today. -

101_1810 I've seen these selling in boutiques and at the Christmas Show in Charlotte for anywhere from $7 - $10!  You can make them so much cheaper.  I bought the Wilton bags at Michaels and stamped them with a snowflake stamp in White Staz-On.  Then I layered the cocoa ingredients as follows:

  • ¼ cup powdered coffee creamer (make sure this is in the tip really well)
  • 1 ½ Tablespoons sugar
  • 1/3 cup Nesquick (chocolate milk mix)
  • 1/3 cup dry milk
  • ½ cup milk chocolate chips
  • ½ cup (approximately 28) mini- marshmallows

Pack tightly in the cone so the ingredients don't mix together.  Tie with twist tie & then ribbon.  (A candy cane would be great tied on too - I just forgot to buy them!)

Here are the directions for the hot chocolate to put on an attached card:  Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add everything in bag except marshmallows and stir constantly until the water returns almost to a boil. Top with marshmallows. Makes 3 – 4 mugs

I went to Organized Christmas and printed out this cute label for the cocoa cones:

101_1809

They have some great stuff at that site.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Thanks for the recipe, I have been looking for a good one for those and this one sounds perfect!