Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Mail

Don't you love getting mail this time of year?  The good usually outweighs the bad!  All the beautiful Christmas cards and newsy letters and pictures of little ones that come in the mail at Christmas ... if we could just do that all year, wouldn't it be nice?  I used to always do a Christmas newsletter and my family would just groan.  My intentions have always been good to do one the last couple of years, but just haven't gotten around to it.  I was really planning to do it this year, but since I've been sick all week, I just sealed the cards and stamped them and had Sonny take them to the post office today.  Maybe next year!!!  Here are a couple of hand-made Christmas cards I've received this week.

This one is from my friend, Jennifer, who lives in Gig Harbor (where I moved from).  She has come a long way.  She was in my Stamping Club when I lived there and always did beautiful work but she wouldn't go "outside of the box".  She always wanted my sample card right in front of her so she could do every detail exactly like I did.  I'm so glad she is still stamping.

101_1803

This one is from my good friend and neighbor, Judy.  She stopped by yesterday to give me an order before leaving for Florida for the holidays.  This card is just gorgeous!  The pine needles look so real I had to touch them to make sure they weren't.  And ya gotta love that Big Note die!! 

101_1804

No comments: