Friday, December 12, 2008

finally ... precious time to post

Sorry - I've been rather sporadic with my posts!  It's that time of year plus being a procrastinator doesn't help!!  Sonny & I offered to volunteer a few months ago with the Red Cross so we've been having to do training.  A few weeks ago, we took a CPR and First Aid class and last week we went to a Disaster training session.  Sonny also offered his services with their transportation so he has to do 20 hours of training for that!  Last Friday & today, he has had to go to the Red Cross in Charlotte to ride along with a guy there.  He should complete that training next Friday & then I guess he'll be on his own.  They really believe in training!!

On Monday, I went to my bridge Christmas party.  We played a little bridge and then had lunch.  Someone brought the most delicious pineapple casserole.  I think they said it was a Paula Deen recipe.  I am going to make it tonight to take to a party.  Here is the recipe if you are interested in trying it.

  • 2 (20 oz.) pineapple tidbits, drained
  • ¾ cup sugar (or Splenda)
  • 6 Tbsp. juice from pineapple
  • 6 Tbsp. flour
  • ½ cup melted butter
  • 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed

Mix sugar and flour. Add pineapple, pineapple, juice, butter, and cheese. Mix well. *Place in 2qt casserole dish. Top with crushed crackers. Bake at 350 F for about 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Serves 8        *Note: rectangular casserole dish is best

After all the good food, we exchanged gifts via the Chinese Auction style (you can steal a gift from someone two times, etc.).  So, I have been working hard on my gift for this as well as for gifts for my Bunco Christmas party which was on Tuesday night and my Mahjong party which is next week!  Here are a few of the things I made for these:

This is a set of cards using my Nesties and my favorite SU Cardinal.

101_1723

This is a box I made to hold some tags (seen below)

101_1722

Set of tags using a clear stamp set and Deer Friends and my wonderful Big Note Die.

101_1721

I also included in each basket one of the Season's Calendars shown on THIS post.

No comments: