Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Holiday Indulgence

Well, we are into that time of the year where over-eating is a must!  I must confess I am going to have a tough time staying on my weight goal this month!!  I should have gone ahead yesterday and weighed in and gotten it over with!!  Today was my Newcomer's Coffee where we each brought a dish to share.   With about 100 people present, you can just imagine all the food!  Luckily, I was at the last table to be called, so a lot of it was gone.  Not to fear though, I just got more at the dessert table instead!!  I was almost sick when I left!!  But .... it was soooo delicious!

Tomorrow is my stamp club get-together.  There's only 5-6 or us in this group so I shouldn't over-indulge on this one.  I am taking my 5-Cup Salad.  I always have this salad at Thanksgiving and Christmas but didn't make it this year for Thanksgiving.  It's so easy - I got the recipe when I first got married from my next door neighbors who were also Ashley's god-parents.  You mix together:

  • 1 can pineapple
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 can mandarin oranges
  • 1 cup marshmallows
  • 1 cup coconut

Yum!!

We are making calendars at stamp club.  We each took 2 months to decorate and we will be putting them all together tomorrow.  My months were January and August.  

I embossed the trees (from SU's Lovely As a Tree) with Holographic embossing powder (retired).  "Brr" is cut out with my Cuttlebug Alphabet.  The "ready, set, snow" saying is from SU's Best Wishes & More.

101_1687

This one was fun!  The Sock Monkey with the inner-tube is from Life's A Breeze as is the flip flops in the sand!  The dolphin, fish and waves are from a Nestabilities I recently got.  I wheeled the sand and colored the shells with my Copics.  Everything is raised up with dimensional tape.

101_1688

Can't wait to see the other pages of the calendar tomorrow.  Stay tuned!

No comments: