Monday, December 8, 2008

Getting in the spirit of the season

I've been busy today.   Sonny and I decided to buy a real tree this year instead of using our artificial one (really didn't want to drag it out of the attic, if truth be told!).   We bought a nice tree yesterday.  Sonny grew up with a long needle Christmas tree and that's what we've always had.  I grew up with the Fraser Fir (think that's what they're called) with the little compact short needles and that's all we could find in the lots we stopped at (which was about 6!).  So, that's what we got.  We decorated it today and it looks really pretty.  So far, that's as far as I've gotten with my Christmas decorations!!  I'll post pictures when my house gets more festive!

I also spent a lot of time working on Christmas presents.  I made this today using SU's Decor Elements, a tile that I got at Lowe's and the red striped ribbon that is in the Holiday catalog.   I really like the way it turned out.  Hope the recipient likes it!

101_1699

No comments: