Friday, December 5, 2008

Calendar Obsession

I think I'm obsessed with making calendars.  I have made every type of calendar I believe .... big ones, coasters; CD's; etc. .....  Today, this is the one I made and I think I like it the best!!  I saw it first on Splitcoast and then on several blogs.  The black card base is actually a folded card (8 1/2 x 5 1/2") with winter, spring, summer and fall each on different sides (front, back, and inside).  I made a base for it to stand up on (you can see it in the side view) that can be removed when it's time to flip it inside out and slide it back on to stand up.

I cut designer paper with my Top Note die on my Cuttlebug and used the front and back of the designer paper to coordinate.

This is Fall made with Autumn Vine designer paper found in the SU mini catalog and felt flowers.

 101_1692

This is the Winter side.  I used Ski Slope designer paper also from the SU mini catalog and some punched snowflakes.

101_1697

Here is Spring using the Bella Blossoms paper and the Filigree brad.

101_1696

This is the Summer page using Summer Picnic paper and a cherry stamped from the Tart and Tangy set.

101_1694

This is the side view so you can see how it stands up.  I just made a stand cutting the kraft cardstock 4" x 3" and scoring it 1" on 2 sides and slid it in (I didn't put adhesive on the bottom of the page).

101_1695

Hope you have a splendid weekend!!

Sharon

3 comments:

tucker's mom said...

I like it too. very nice...
you are soo clever..
have a great weekend.

Rhonda Kelly said...

These are so great! I love them. I especially love the one done with the Autumn Vine paper, that is my favorite collection of DSP...
Great job. tfs

Tammy Q Howell said...

These are so cute! I can't wait to try them. Are there instructions on Splitcoast and where did you print your calendars. All your work is inspirational!