Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving is just a memory

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone and I am still stuffed!!  We had a very nice Thanksgiving at my home yesterday.  My sister spent the night with us on Wednesday so she & I got a head start on our cooking when we woke up.  We had done most of the work beforehand so just had to make a couple of salads, pies and casseroles and figure out the timing of cooking it all!  This is the only time of the year I wish I had a double stove!!  We cooked the turkey on high heat and it only took a little over 3 hours .... the only drawback is every time the oven was opened, it got smokey in the house!  We had the doors open and a fan in the window.  Luckily, it was in the 60's and a beautiful day.  Our friends and relatives started arriving about noon and we munched on hors-doerves cheese and crackers - while waiting for dinner.  The guys went outside and played a little football.  After dinner, we sat around the table and played "Table Talk", a tradition I started last year.  It's a game of thought provoking questions.  I put 3 under each person's plate and they can pick one of them to answer or answer them all if they so choose.  The questions are like "What event in the past, present or future would you like to witness?"  What is your favorite childhood memory?"  It's a great way to get to know someone and sometimes you find out more than you wanted to know!!

Here's a pictorial tour of Thanksgiving at my house!

Our table setting .... BEFORE all the food!

101_1664 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Isn't this centerpiece gorgeous?!!  Our friends, Sharon & Bob always order the centerpiece for the table since Sharon doesn't cook!!101_1665

Marianne's oldest son, Derek, catching the football!101_1675

Harrison going for the ball .... if he doesn't lose his pants first!!101_1670

This beer's for ..... Marianne!!  Go Steelers!!101_1681 

My daughter, Ashley and her friend, Drew who joined us.101_1680

My sister & my husband.sonny & marianne.Thanksgiving

Girlfriends!

 101_1673

Both my sisters on clean-up detail!!101_1683

After dinner snooze!!  My daughter's friend Drew and my mom.101_1686

No comments: