Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Joey's Name Frame

Well, I feel like I've been going non-stop for a long time & I'm ready to stop the train and slow down!!  We got back in town late Sunday afternoon and didn't even go straight home!  We stopped off at a local bar/restaurant to catch the Steelers game on tv.  At half-time, I called my sister who told me the game was on our local CBS station, so we headed home to finish watching them LOSE!!  But, I had unpacking, laundry and a lot of catching up to do on the DVR to do.  Monday was bridge day; Tuesday was a Newcomer's event in downtown Charlotte (details later) and Bunco that night.  Today .... was heaven!!  I didn't even get dressed until after noon and just vegged out .... well, actually I worked on a baby gift that I have been needing to get done. 

Our sweet neighbors in Gig Harbor had their first child the day of my birthday party.  Little Joey was born on early Saturday morning, Oct. 18th.  joey

Joe & Ramey have decorated his room with jungle animals so I thought that would be appropriate for his name frame.  I found some green striped paper in my stash and covered the cardboard backing of the WalMart frame.  Next, I used my Nestabilities and Cuttlebug to cut out the Always Artichoke & Vanilla cardstock ovals.  I stamped the letters in Chocolate Chip and embossed them with clear powder.  The animals are from 4 different SU stamp sets - Wild About You; Unfroggetable; Bugs & Kisses; and Sock Monkey.  The little saying (precious little one) is a SU rub-on.  I added a little ribbon on the side with a round clip from the Hodgepodge Hardware set and a brown plaid button that I found along with a little lady-bug button for accents.  I thought it turned out really cute!  Hope they do too.

101_1620

No comments: