Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Spoiler - We were ready for some ..... football!

One of our signs we were waving proudly!
A sea of BLACK & GOLD & the final SCORE!

I just realized I haven't let you know about our wonderful Monday night WIN in the Redskins home. We started out with a little tailgating. Our cousins from Pittsburgh brought the Pittsburgh beer - IC Light & some kind of Churchyard Brew made locally in Pittsburgh. We provided the kielbasa and kraut plus chips and dips - the artichoke dip in a bread bowl was a big hit!! Of course, we all forgot about me - I'm not a big fan of beer and usually drink Hard Cider, but since there was none, one of Ashley's friends had hot chocloate and Caramel Bailey's. Of course, I had to try a cup!! Yum!

Our seats at the game were fantastic! We were 10 seats up from the field and at the corner of the end zone. We were real close to the Redskins Hog-ettes as you can see from this picture. If you're not familiar with the Redskins, these are men (old men at that!) who dress up each game like women and wear pig noses!! If you are interested, here is the history of the Hoggettes. The game started out a little slow - Washington scored 2 field goals in about the first 10 minutes. I was definately getting a little worried. It seems whenever we go to watch the Steelers play, they usually lose. The local fans were going wild and I thought I was going to have to knock the lady next to me out. But then things turned around during the second half and we never let them get a touchdown. Big Ben injured his shoulder in the first half and when our back-up quarterback came on the field at the second half, Redskins fans thought they had the game in the bag!! We showed them! The stadium was a sea of Terrible Towels waving. It's just amazing that wherever we go to watch a Steeler game, the Steeler fans almost out number the other team's fans. This was definately the case Monday night and especially at the end of the game - we Steeler fans were the only ones left!!

Enjoy my pictures!

This first one is of Ashley (#36) with her Pennsylvania cousins (about 2nd removed, I think!).

This is Ashley & me after the game - smiling big!!

This is Sonny & I - in our seats!

No comments: