Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Jeff

Today is my baby's birthday. I don't think he'd like for me to refer to him as my baby, but that is what he is to me even if he is 30 years old (or young) today. It doesn't seem like he should be 30 yet .... it just makes me that old + 30! But, indeed he is with a wife, 3 great step-daughters and a beautiful 2-year old son. He is a great dad and husband. When he married Darcie, he took on the responsibility of raising her 3 girls, Torri, Kennedy, and Cassidy, who has special needs. He never thought twice about it. That is the type of man he is and why I am proud of him. He and I have our difficulties at present, but I hope and pray, some day, we will get past our problems.

For his birthday, I put together a scrapbook of memories for him. I used the theme "Where has the time gone" because that is what I feel!! It seems only yesterday that I was holding him in my lap while he was sucking his thumb and holding fast to his tattered blanket.

Here are a few of the pages from the book.

This is a great quote that I got this summer from Quick Quotes and thought it was appropriate at the beginning of the memories.

101_1604

101_1605

101_1607

101_1612

101_1613

I hope he will enjoy taking this walk with me through my memories and remember how much I love him. It was bittersweet making this album. I had tears and laughter all along the way - just like I did when he was growing up. Oh, the memories I have that are not in this book!!

Happy Birthday, sweet boy of mine!

Love, Mom

2 comments:

jackie Tuckett said...

It makes me cry of joy to see jeff's memory book.
I certainly hope he enjoys it too.
Jackie

Jennifer said...

Sharon, This is fantastic and I am sure it brought back lots of memories. I hope he enjoyed it!
Jennifer