Monday, November 24, 2008

Crafty Monday

My sister and her girlfriend came over this morning and we played in my stamp room ALL DAY!!  So much fun!!  To begin with, we each picked out a Color Challenge from Splitcoast and a Sketch Challenge.  I gave them my notebook full of stamp sets & let them pick any one they wanted and we sat down and each made a card!!  They turned out great and they learned they don't need my guidance every step of the way and they could do it on their own!  Here are our cards -

101_1658

 

This is Sharon's card (Girlfriend!).  She is sending this to a friend who is her final fight with cancer.  Very simple but pretty, don't you think? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is my sister's card.  She used a stamp set from Great Impressions.  (She loves snowmen cards!!

101_1660

This last card is mine.  The stampset is actually one Marianne brought over that I thought was soooo cute!!  And the "Happy Holidays" is a retired SU set that I bought at a sale this summer.

101_1659

After doing our challenges, they made several Christmas cards from my Tuesday night class.  When I put away all my supplies from my class this week, I kept out 2 sets of each card kit just for this purpose.  So, they were able to work on the cards while I finished up some calendars I am trying to get done by Thursday!!   My sister also went through some of my card samples and found a snowman one (done by Wanda!) and made about 5 cards like it.   It's so cute and easy to do.  We used my Nesties for the Snowman circles and Dazzling Diamonds embossing powder for the sparkle.

 101_1662

I snapped this picture while they were working.  They didn't even know I was taking it - not real flattering but you can tell they are hard at work!  I kept trying to clean up their table for them and put things away but they liked cluttered like that .... would have driven me nuts!  Also, notice the quilts in their chairs!  I like to keep my house a lot cooler than most people and they usually freeze & complain!!  I just tell them to put their woolies on and come prepared!!  I actually turned the heat up today for them and I had on short sleeves!!

 101_1661

Tomorrow they will be back and we will be working on Christmas Organizers.  I'll post the finished product. 

Sharon

1 comment:

tucker's mom said...

what a great sister and friend you are... such great cards... have a ball today and look forward to seeig the results..
happy thanksgiving