Monday, March 16, 2009

Rainy Weekend Projects

What a dreary rainy weekend we had .... cold and rainy!  We took met some friends Friday night at a local fish camp.  Fish camps are big here in the south and our friends are .... Yankees who live here now.  It was their first trip to a fish camp and they loved it!!  Plus, the food was delicious - probably not on my Weight Watchers diet (fried and fried!), but oh so yummy!!

I took a class on Saturday at Stamper's Alley which was really fun.  Debbie taught the class and she is really talented and oh so organized!!  She is doing a series every couple of months of sketches and colors.  This month the colors were Turquoise; Kiwi and Yellow and the cards were very simple but so pretty.

Today is my sister, Marianne's birthday (Happy Birthday, sis!).  We went out to eat with her and her family on Saturday and I gave her some stamping goodies for her birthday.  It was also my nephew's girlfriends birthday.  Here is the little gift I made for Kelly:

101_2165 

This is a little Gift Card Folder that we did at convention last year.  It unties and opens to hold all the little gift cards seen below.  Here are the dimensions if you are interested:

Very Vanilla card stock (9 3/4" x 6") scored at 4 3/4" and 5".  Rotate 90 degrees & score at 2 1/2".  Fold on score lines to create card folder.  Wrap ribbon around folder and adhere to front of folder using Sticky Strip.  Decorate front of folder.

101_2166

These are the little gift cards and envelopes I put inside the folder.  I used SU's Scallop Notes.  I put designer paper inside the envelope and stamped the outside of the envelope.  The stamp set I used was Pun Fun and the little birdie is from Best Wishes & More.

Last night, I cut apart a couple of my wheels.  I had never done this before (I know, a lot people do it!!) and was a little scared.  But, I had bought the Friendly Words wheel for $8.50 and ended up with 13 stamps from it!!  Then I took a retired wheel of baby clothes on a clothesline (don't remember the name) and cut it apart in one long piece.  I backed the stamps with Easy Mount and now, all I have to do is put them on one of my clear stamp holders.  Get brave and give it a try!!  Now, to find a use for the empty wheel!!  Any ideas?

101_2171 101_2172 101_2175

No comments: