Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Occasions Swaps

I entered another one of Jami's swaps - this time we are using stamp sets from the Occasions Mini Catalog which comes out April 1. You can view it HERE. Right now (until the end of March) you can order these stamps to get started with your Easter cards from the new mini:

An Egg-cellent Easter $21.95

Wagon Full of Fun $34.95

Eight Great Greetings $27.95

Egg Hunt Stampin' Around wheel - $6.50

I started working on my swaps as soon as my order arrived last Thursday and finished both sets this weekend (I only had to do 8 cards for each). I had to get them done since I am going to DC and New York next week!!

I am really loving this cute Golden Oldies set and can see myself using it a lot! Most of the gals who participate in these swaps and young (at least, younger than me!). So, when I told Jami I would do Golden Oldies, she was glad 'cause she might have a hard time getting someone to do that one!

101_2163

I paper pieced the old man's outfit with Manchester DSP and used my white gel pen for his hair. He's just a hoot. Actually, this is how I remember my grandfather dressing .... but not flip flops!!

101_2164

This one is from Scene in a Garden. It has lots of things you can put on the table - gourds, pots, bird, plant, birdhouse. And, I love the galoshes under the table. Reminds me of my gardening days in Gig Harbor (Washington).

101_2169

I watercolored this one with my watercolor crayons. The DSP is from Good Morning Sunshine. Isn't this bright and springy?? I also used the My Way Punch to stamp "thank you" (from Upsy Daisy).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very original, but very true. I love the story that it tells. Would love to own these stamps, because this scene is very true during gardening time at my daughter;s house,

Anonymous said...

All of the following stamps are adorable. I have never lookedd at the stamps or the cards made. Now I love them, and can tell you that I will purchase several of the stamps as the are adorable, and I love them. Thanks for sharing.