Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Idol - Top 13 Perform Tonight

Well, Simon announced that 2 will be going home this week. Wow - getting to the nitty gritty right away. Michael Jackson night .... I like his music as long as I don't have to look at him and determine if he's white or black .... ebony or ivory????

My top 2 favorites are up first!!
  • Lil Rounds - The Way You Make Me Feel: Bluesy Michael Jackson!! All loved him .... but of course, Simon!! She's a force to be reckoned with in my opinion as well as one of the judges.
  • Scott Macintyre - Keep The Faith: Standing ovation!! He got to play to play the piano which is his forte and he is great at it. As usual, Simon "dissed" him ... hated the song even. I have to agree, it wasn't the most dynamic performance; it was safe, but he should be ok this week.
  • Danny Gokey - PYT: His dad reminds me of Kenny Rogers - he had a room full of family!! Fantasia has picked Danny to be the winner of Idol this year ....we'll see. He had Paula on her feet which is always a good sign. Kara & Paula were his backup singers! He can really groove and move. I loved him. I think he could be one of the finalists!! MY VOTE! Simon liked the vocalists but hated the dancing.

What is Kara wearing???? That top should be choking her!! I just don't like her.

  • Michael Sarver from Jasper Texas - You're Not Alone: Showing his sensitive side according to Ryan. He's not the best singer, but makes up for it with his passion. I didn't think the judges would like his performance but they proved me wrong. They did like him.
  • Jasmine Murray - I'll Be There: She's the baby of her family and is from Mississippi. She's just so darn cute! A tough song but she did great. She looked comfortable on stage for being so young.
  • Kris Allen - Remember the Time: An Arkansas boy. He's playing the guitar and I'm not sure that it helps his performance. Kara said he helped out the other contestants all week. Paula thinks he's "adorable sexy." What's with the wife comments from Simon????
  • Allison Iraheta - Give In To Me: 16 years old but sure doesn't look or act it! What's with the red hair color???? She's really rocking tonight and giving a solid performance. As Randy says, she was born with it .... rocking the vocals. She's another one to contend with.
  • Anoop Desi - Beat It - Chapel Hill boy!! He was the lucky 13th contestant that the judges decided on. Finally, a Michael song that I could relate to!! I don't think he was as bad as the judges said. If they don't want the contestants to pick Michael Jackson's big hits, why do they choose the artist. I have liked him, but it was a safe choice and didn't show his range. Oh well .... they can't all win.
  • Jorge Nunoz - Never Can Say Goodbye: from Puerto Ricdo - another room full of family and I think the whole island of Puerto Rico is cheering him on. I didn't know this was a Jackson song. His vocals are great but needs more challenging song. It was too old fashion.
  • Megan Corkey - Rockin' Robin: What is she wearing???? The big flower at the waist, the crocheted sleeves, the boobs falling out of the top ..... oh my .... she is such a cute girl (except for all the tattoes) and this outfit is just hideous! Song choice is not what I expected from her. She was one of my favorites, but she is blowing it tonight for me. I think the judges agree - especially Simon!
  • Adam Lambert - Black or White: Paula is on her feet!! That's a good sign. He's definitely a contender!! Wow!! That was awesome. He's got a career ahead of him.
  • Matt Giraud - Human Nature: I love this song. The piano is his thing! He's a dueling piano player and is certainly at home at the piano. Hope he make it through to next week. Paula thinks he talented and sexy also. Even Simon gave him kudos!! Wow!
  • Alexis Grace - Dirty Diana: Another cutey! I don't know this song, but she is nailing it. Bet Simon will be drooling over her! Naughty girl!! Simon .... surprised me - thought she was too over the top.

Favorites & vote getters from me: Lil Rounds, Scott McIntyre; Danny Gokey; Adam Lambert

My picks to leave: 2 of these: Kris; Anoop; Mega

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, been waiting for your update today. I slept late, and have to get ready to meet a friend at the movies, so guess I'll comment again later. Seems we have chosen a few that we both like. But there are some I don't. I'll comment later. Glad I finally sat down last night and watched - it's been a while since I've followed it thia closely - 2 years. Chat soon, Wanda