Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Stampin' Space

Sunday .... before the big snow hit, Sonny and I took a drive into Charlotte to the new IKEA.  What a great way to burn a few hours!  I didn't purchase much - a rail for my punches, CD boxes, long shoehorn for Sonny & Mom (for $1!!) and the most delicious cookies!!!  I don't know how many were in the box - a lot - but we've eaten them all in 3 days!  When we got home Sunday, neither of us felt like eating any dinner because we'd eaten so many cookies!  (My daughter will have a laugh over that.)  They had chocolate in the middle of thin, really crispy oatmeal type cookies.  Yummm!!

On Monday, while looking out the window at the snow, I set about putting up my new punch rails.  I had bought a magnetic knife rack last year at IKEA for my punches and really liked it, so I wanted more.  I ended up buying a round rail (in the kitchen section - I think it's for holding towels) and I like it even better.  Now, I just need to go back and buy another one. 

101_2114

The bulletin board beside it holds a few brass stencils, some patterns, my calendar, and other "essential" items! 

101_2117

This is my stamp holder that sits on my desk with my jars of ribbon on top.  I have a tag on each one so I can sort the bits of ribbon by color.  Sonny made my stamp and refill ink holder several years ago and I love it!

101_2115

This wicker shelf unit was used many years ago in a bathroom.  Never throw things away.  You never know when you can use them in the future!!  I used to have it right next to my desk, but I preferred the punches to hang there, so I moved the shelf across the room.  I have my buttons; glitter, embossing powder, Pretties kit, SU craft spots, and other stuff on it.

101_2116

And here are my stamp sets.  On the white shelf are my SU stamps in loose alpha order (A-D on top shelf, etc.) and by box size with background stamps on top.  Next to it on my Target wire cubes are my clear stamps on the top shelf in the CD boxes.  On the next two shelves are my wooden stamps that are non-SU.  They are in clear plastic boxes that are numbered.  I have a notebook that I have stamped everything in so I can find which box they are in when I need them. The fourth shelf holds my letter sets - both SU & non.  Then the basket on the bottom has loose stamps, rubber bands, etc.

.101_2118

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knoww that this comment is dayz old, but beween tornados, snow trip, computer blow out, trip to Nashville, I am just reading old things. I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed looking, and thinking about how to create, your organizational skills. I love the rail system and may have to try to work something similar out. My problem, I have run out of wall space, and am trying to come up with work space as much as anything. I do like what you have done and if you have any more ideas, please share them with me.