Thursday, March 19, 2009

New York ... New York

I am getting excited!  I am flying to DC Saturday with my mom and one of my sisters.  After spending the day with Ashley and getting my mom and Angela acclimated to the metro in DC, Ashley and I are taking the bus to New York!!  Mom and Angela will be staying in DC at Ashley's place and touring around DC.

This trip is my birthday present from Ashley(from last October).  We have tickets to be in the audience of Good Morning America on Monday morning.  I don't usually watch the show so not sure about it.  They did tell us to wear comfortable shoes because there is no seating and to wear bright colors and bring bright signs .... still working on that! 

We have tickets to a Broadway show, In the Heights, for Tuesday night.  We are going to try to get tickets to see Chicago on Sunday or Monday. 

But the best is .... we have tickets to the taping of Friday's The View.  The View tapes live every day except for Friday which they tape earlier in the week.  So, we will be in the studio Tuesday at 11:00 for the Friday taping.  We are actually going to be guests of one of the producers!    Ashley met someone on her cruise in January that had a friend who is a producer (and won an Emmy) for The View and she was able to get tickets for us.  The only drawback is ... if they have a give-away that day, we do not qualify IF the prize is over $75.  So, let's hope it's a good give-away and is worth $74.99!!  I am ubber-excited!  I have watched The View for years - through the Star Jones years, endured Rosie (I was hit or miss then) and now with Whoopie (whom I think is great).  So, set your VCR's and see if you can pick me out of the crowd!!

If any of you have recommendations for restaurants, etc. in New York, please let me know!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sharon on heading to NYC and getting to be on several shows. I will try to watch it and see if I can see you. Please let me know what you will be wearing on each and I'll look for you. Restaurants? Well, I've been but don't know of any that I thought were excellent - but then I have allergies to food so I'm not the one to be able to tell you about food. Have fun with Ashley, your mom and sister! And, have a safe trip.