Sunday, March 22, 2009

On the Road ..... and a little blog candy

Well, would you believe I am on the bus about an hour away from New York City????!! Yep Ashley is sleeping in the seat beside me and I am trying to figure out how to use her laptop so
excuse any "typos." We arrived in DC yesterday a.m (having to get up at 5:30 am to catch the 8 am flight!). We had to hang around Ashley's for a bit for her realtor to come by with her handy man. She is putting her condo up for sale (she's moving to Texas Sept 1) and needs a little painting, etc. done first. Would you believe the handyman wanted to charge her $600 to paint 2 bedrooms (and not even the ceilings) and she was going to provide the paint?? A shyster, in my opinion. So she will be looking for another painter or be doing it herself. Her dad is coming up on Thursday to do some of the minor repairs (and to provide a ride back home for me!) So, after they left, we headed over to a Burrito place and had lunch .... yummy! Then on to the metro for downtown DC. We went to a couple of museums - American History and Natural History. We were involved in a very interesting presentation at the Amer. History of a re-enactment of the Greensboro lunch counter "sit in" in 1960. Actually, Angela and I were two of the "sit in" actors!! They had the actual lunch counter and stools there and picked 4 people to sit on the counters and had all the rest of the people crowd around us. Then they asked us how it made us feel ... it was quite thought provoking.

We actually went to the Natural History Museum by mistake, but it was pretty neat. That's where the Hope Diamond is displayed!! Wow, it's hard to even describe how beautiful it is. We wandered around looking at displays of animals .... giraffes, hippos, monkeys ... al hard to believe they weren't real. Mom's favorite was the Orchid display. They were just gorgeous and I took a lot of pictures that I'll be sharing when I return.

Well .... gotta run - bus is making a pit stop!!

Here's the link to BLOG CANDY!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, craop - it won't let me click on the blog candy - says the link has been broken????

I love DC for the museums and such. What what for you to be involved! Wish I was there again.

Love your blog and thanks for all the inspiration I get.

Chris R. from Iowa