Thursday, January 1, 2009

Recipe Box

I want to share one of my Christmas gifts with you!  My sister, Marianne, made this recipe holder for me.  She did a super job.  You know, she is the one who told me, when I moved here, that she was not going to get into doing cards and stuff that I did - she is a quilter and was going to continue with that.  (Think she's made one quilt since I've been here!!!)  When we went to CK Convention in August, she signed up for Quick Quotes Club Q - a monthly kit club. This recipe box is one of the monthly kits that she got.

101_1839

These are the dividers -

101_1842

These are little bookmarks that I would think you could use for placeholders or even attach them to the recipe cards.

101_1843

These are the only 3 recipes she included in the box but they each tell a story!!  We LOVE my grandmother's vegetable soup.  I make at least 2-3 huge batches every year and eat on it all winter.  (I'm the only one in my house who will eat it - Sonny doesn't like veggies!)

The Vinegar Pie is another one of our grandmother's recipes.  Not many people have heard of vinegar pie and we usually get strange looks.  But, it is really good and easy to make - tastes kind of like a chess pie.

The Chicken Spaghetti recipe is mine from an old Beta Sigma Phi recipe book.  Marianne came to visit me in Texas when Derek (her oldest son who is now in college) was only 3 or 4 years old.  He was is a pretty picky eater - only eats chicken (to this day!).  I made the Chicken Spaghetti and she told me he wouldn't eat it.  Well .... he just about cleaned the casserole dish!!  Now, it is a favorite of both of us!

101_1844

Now, I just have to come up with more special recipe to put in the box!!

1 comment:

tucker's mom said...

Hi Sharon,
Tell Marianne... great job... you have one special sister there...
of course you both are very special.... Happy New Year and hope to see both soon.