Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Monday Mailer Card

My NC Stampin' Up group has started back with our Monday Mailer program.  This month I chose for the cards to have a Winter theme each week.  So, for my first card, this is what I sent to my partner:

I used Holiday Line stamp set and stamped & embossed the snowmen on watercolor paper.  Then I used my watercolor crayons and my markers to color them in.  Using my markers, I did a faux watercolor technique where you use the markers around the edges of the area and use your Aqua pen to bring the color in the middle and blend.  Truthfully, it's just as easy to use the watercolor crayons with the Aqua pen!! The designer paper is some I still have from the Holiday Mini Catalog, Frosty Day layered with Bashful Blue, Tango Tangerine and on a Kiwi Kiss card with Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon (love this ribbon!).

101_1859

I have spent the past 3 days getting my stamping room reorganized (not all day each day - but a few hours each day!!)  Monday night, Sonny suggested he get a yellow Caution tape and string it over the door!!  I'm getting there though!!  Just hope after I finish, I can find where I've put everything!  Here are few picture!

This is the view from the door - not much room to walk through.  Plus, I've got a folding table that doesn't belong in the room loaded down with stuff.  I need to clean it off and give it back to my hubbie!  When I had friends over Thanksgiving & Christmas stamping with me, we used that table and it's been a crutch for me to stack stuff on ever since.

101_1860

Here is a closer view of the mess!  You can't even see my computer - and hardly my desk!! 

101_1861

But ... here is a cleaned up version of my Stampin' Up stamp shelf - all nice & neat! They are a loose alpha order - A-D on top shelf; E-K next; L-P next; Q-S next and on the bottom, T-Z with the boxes stacked according to size.  The Retired sets have blue circles on them.  On the top are jars of ribbon divided by colors.  The plastic jars used to have Almonds in them from BJ's!!  The wire shelf next to my SU stamps are my clear stamps and non-SU stamps - still need to work on them a bit, but they're not too bad since I organized them a few months ago.

101_1863

Hopefully, by the end of the week, I'll have a clean desk and floor to share with you!!

No comments: