Saturday, January 3, 2009

A productive day and a squash (card that is)

I've had a rather productive day I think today.  Hubby & I went out for breakfast .... Stacy's in Denver - yum!!  Then we had to go by a shower installation place.  Seems his little project has turned into a major project!!  He noticed a couple of weeks before Christmas that our shower was leaking into the wall in our bathroom.  So, he pulled the baseboard off to assess the damage.  Yep, the wood and drywall were wet.  So, with the holidays, we've just been letting it dry out and using the guest bathroom - no biggie.  Wednesday, he decided to tackle it and clean out some mold that had gotten into the caulking area.  It was easier (his idea!) to remove the whole glass shower enclosure so he could clean it real good.  Well, that was ok UNTIL he took it to the garage to clean it and broke the glass!!!  It took him quite a while to get that cleaned up (and of course, it was New Year's Eve and we had places to be!!)  So, some friends told us about a shower supply house in Denver that we visited today.  They will be out on Monday or Tuesday to give us an estimate.  We think they may be the company who originally put in our shower when the house was built, so they can perhaps just replace the piece of glass.  Or .... I may be getting a new shower.  Especially, since the guy at the shop today asked me what color my shower trim was and when I told him gold, he said no one uses gold anymore!!!  The downside is that it will probably take 1-2 weeks to order the glass.  So, guess we'll continue to shower in the guest bathroom.

After that little trip, I went to the library to return my books (and pay my fine!); to the post office to mail my swaps which I will be sharing with you soon; to Target where I picked up a few Christmas items for 75% off (what a deal!) and the gift card for my granddaughter's card; then home where I made a few cards and a little scrapbook. 

Here's one of the cards I made today using SU's new stamp-set, Love You Much.  Remember - this is available NOW in a bundle at 20% off!!  Check it out HERE.  The heart punch punches out all three of the hearts in the stamp-set.  The card I made is a squash card and it was fun to make.  If you are interested in the "how-to's", check out the instructions on Splitcoast HERE.  This was their Technique Monday challenge (funky folds).  I have made a squash book before but haven't done one of these cards in a long time.  I'm giving you a SNEAK PEEK and used some of the new designer paper (Raspberry Tart) that will be in the new catalog.  I'm really loving the paper - it's pretty funky.  It coordinates with Cameo Coral, Rose Red and Kiwi Kiss, Real Red and Pretty in Pink.

This is the card closed -

101_1848

Here it is opening -

101_1849

And fully opened -

101_1850

I also used my new Label Two Nestabilities that I received today with my new Big Shot!!  (Jackie - you are an enabler!!)

Stampingly - Sharon

No comments: