Saturday, May 17, 2008

Watching the Sunrise

Speaking of Mother's Day, I received a unique gift from my son and daughter-in-law. It is a game called LIVING LIFE - The Game About YOU. Only one player is needed. What you do is play one card per day to "spice up your life" and add adventure. My daughter-in-law, Darcie, is great at finding unusual gifts and games for people. Unfortunately, I have not gotten far with this game this week. My first card is "Watch the Sunrise". Well, folks, I do not get up that early - there is just no need for it!! When you get to my age, it is my perogitive to sleep in (at least until 8:30!!) since I don't usually go to bed until after midnight. I hate it that my husband sets an alarm clock and I fuss about it at least once a week. I think when you are retired you should be able to sleep as long as you want. My body tells me when to get up and when I have had enough sleep. I like my 8 hours each night. Unfortunately, unless Sonny sets the alarm, he would sleep until noon so I put up with it. Truthfully, I usually get up right before the alarm goes off anyway. I agree with the card (from the game) that a sunrise is one of the most beautiful acts of nature and most people never see it because they are sound asleep. (yep, that's me!) Another drawback for me getting up to see the sunrise is that I would have to get in my car and drive somewhere. Our house is surrounded by trees and woods, but we are just a block away from the lake. Maybe this summer, I'll get up early and go out on the boat and view the sunrise. Until then .... I'll enjoy this picture.

Get up early and enjoy a sunrise and comment here to tell me about it!

Sharon

No comments: