Sunday, May 18, 2008

Watching hockey and doing challenges!

While watching the Pittsburgh Penguins tear up the ice .... and the Philly Flyers for the Stanley Cup (right now it is 5- zero!!) The Flyers should be embarrassed. Anyway, I have been working on some challenges.

Here's a new site, Stamp Something, I discovered that is giving away Blog Candy for their challenge. I needed a thank you card anyway plus I am doing this card for a swap. So I am killing two birds with one stone. (Yes, Ashley, I got that saying right!!) I used my favorite background stamp from Stampin' Up - Riot of Petals, this time just highlighting one of the flowers. I "coluzzeled 2 circles - one in Soft Sky and the other in Chocolate Chip. I stamped the flower on the Soft Sky (In Color) circle in Chocolate Chip ink. Then I rubbed Groovy Guava around the edges and matted it on the Choc. Chip circle. The card is made from Choc. Chip and layered with Groovy Guava textured cardstock. Then on top of that is another piece of Choc. Chip with a piece of designer paper from our mini catalog - Tea Garden. This paper is just gorgeous! I used my Corner Rounder to round the corners. I stamped "thank you" (from All Holidays) onto G.Guava and used my oval punch to punch it out and mat onto a Choc Chip piece punched out with the large oval punch. In the bottom corner I stamped "Love ... Laugh" (from our Hostess set - Make It Count) and matted it onto a Choc Chip circle. To finish it off, I doodled all the edges with a white gel pen.
Sharon

4 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card Sharon! Love the flower, it looks great with that DSP. Fun doodles around the edges too. Thanks for joining our challenge. Good luck with your blog! :)

Ileana said...

always love ur cards they are totally awesome.. you go girl and keep stampin ... Stampin Rocks... TFS

Alex said...

This gorgeous Sharon and perfect for the challenge - thanks so much for joinin in and hope you come back next week! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Erin... said...

wonderful card!! I love that you used a background stamp as your main image!!great colors too!! Welcome to blogging!! Thanks for joing our challenge!