Friday, May 23, 2008

Glorious Summer Day!

Oh, what a glorious day it was today! My daylilies are starting to bloom and look beautiful...the weather is just perfect - in the low 80's... and we still haven't turned on our air conditioner!!! (gotta save that money for gas, ya know?) We open our windows at night and it is wonderful.
Today after taking our swim aerobics at the "Y", we visited a few nurseries in Mooresville and bought some plants. I am hoping to plant something on our small hill in front of the house that will take hold and spread. Last year, I planted a few things, but with the drought, nothing survived. Hopefully I will have better luck this year. After stopping for lunch at McAllister Deli (yum!), we headed home to work in the yard. I planted a few things on the hill and planted a few annuals in my wine barrel. When Ashley and I went to Napa Valley a few years ago, I brought back a half wine barrel. That was when I lived in Gig Harbor, Washington. When we moved to NC, the barrel made the trip with us! Sonny thinks we got it at one of the wineries we toured in California. Nope .... in reality, we were told that we could get them cheaper at the local WalMart but they were authentic barrels from the wineries!! Anyhoo .... it is out near the street in our front yard and now is planted with flowers.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day. Remember the brave men and women who are serving our country and who are putting their life on the line every day for our freedom. God Bless them!!




1 comment:

Melinda said...

Those are some beautiful flowers. Love the barrel.. Just found your blog. I live in Concord NC.. Love your flag too...