Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to all Moms

Happy Mother's Day to you and you and you. Today is a day to celebrate Mom's. It should be a day for Mom's to relax and enjoy their families. My plans for today are not much different from other Sundays since my children are far away. My husband and I will take my brother in law to the airport, probably stopping for lunch before we put him on the plane (Cheeseburger in Paradise is our planned destination hoping to avoid a crowd.) Then we will go to my Mom's house where one of my sisters is planning a spaghetti dinner for us all. So, at least I won't have to cook!! I waited this morning for my hubbie to fix me breakfast but finally gave up and made myself some toast. I should know better - he's always told me I'm not his mother. And after 35 years of marriage, it's too late to change him now. My daughter will be calling me later and I am hoping to also hear from my son. I just spent a week with my daughter in Hawaii and she bought me a gorgeous bracelet for Mother's Day to match the earrings and necklace that I hadbought at the International Marketplace in Waikiki. It's a silver version of the beautiful plumeria flower that is my favorite!

So .... here's to you Mom - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy mother's day! What a beautiful bracelet :-)

Wanda said...

Had to look at your Hawaiian pictures again, since I just returned from there. See you got the plumeria jewelry also. So did I, but not sure I got a bracelet like this one you gave your mother. Mine just had one flower hanging from it. But I love my ring and pendant. Also bought my friend, who cared for my kitties while I was gone, some of this. These were definitely a thing in Hawaii, since they stated they use this flower to make the lei's. But our lei seems to be made with a different flower.