Sunday, October 16, 2011

Where Does Time Go?

No excuses .... life just gets in the way of my stamping sometimes.  I hate it when that happens!!   But also, I have gotten addicted to an internet game and it's eating up my time!!!  It's an old game - Jewel Quest but I keep telling myself, I'll just play for 15 minutes .... next thing I know, it's an hour later!  Just got to stop it.  I did play Mahjongg last Friday and lost all my money ($2)!!!  I hadn't played in a couple of months and I think I was just rusty - just couldn't get anything going.  The one time I thought I had won a game, I ended up with an extra tile in my hand so got disqualified!  

Saturday I did face painting at the Sherrills Ford Library.  The Friends of the Library put on a little fall festival for the children - face painting, games, pumpkin painting, decorating cookies, etc.  It is all free and great fun for the little ones.  My specialty was bats and spiders.  I think every little boy there wanted a bat on his cheek!  Sonny and I went out to dinner later that night and there was a family sitting behind us in the restaurant with 3 children.  They each had their faces painted .... by moi - a bat, ghost and candy corn!

Today we went to Big Al's to watch the Steelers play.  They were flying high at the half with the score 17-3.  I think they got a little cocky because it was sure a different game the second half.  We won but I was chewing my nails up until the last few seconds.

We stopped by to visit Mom after the game.  She seems to be doing much better.  She has quit taking the Oxycotin and is taking the Hydrocodein at night.  That seems to be the worst time for her.  She said she is real restless at night.  I'm sure a lot of it is because she is doing nothing during the day to make her tired.  Plus, she probably naps during the day.  She has narcolepsy (a sleep disorder) and takes meds during the day to keep her awake.   But since she has been on the pain meds, she has not been taking her sleep meds.  She was sitting outside enjoying the beautiful day when we got to the house.   She is still using the walker and going slow but I did not see her wince as she was walking.  She will be getting the nerve root block on Tuesday.  We have an appt. on Thursday to talk to the surgeon.

I got 2 Monday Mailer cards this week from Brenda Tapp.  They are great!  I don't have the Sizzix Leaf die but I sure wish I did after seeing the card.

Isn't this pretty?  She used faux tearing - it looks like two pieces of paper but it's not.

  
Another great card using my favorite .... Spice Cake DSP
I have Stamp Club next week so I will be sharing those projects with you soon.

No comments: