Thursday, October 27, 2011

More Birthday Cards

I have a few more birthday cards to share.

This first one is from Margaret, my Texas friend.  It is just beautiful.  The ribbon is dyed to match the flowers and cardstock.  She is smart - whenever she orders an ink pad, she always makes sure she gets the matching refill so she has it to do things like this as well as ink up her pad when it runs dry.  She asked me to suggest other color combos for fall for this card.   I suggested More Mustard, Tangerine Tango and Soft Suede.  This is where the Color Coach comes in handy.  I hardly ever do a card without consulting the Color Coach.  According to the Color Coach, More Mustard, Night of Navy and Cajun Craze would be lovely on this card.  What combo would you suggest????

 This second card is from my sister, Marianne.  I love it!!  Her "lollie" is great!  I have to say this is the student teaching the teacher.  I just wish she didn't have to work and we could play a lot more.  Marianne used the Flirtatious DSP on this card.  I need to use that paper more - I have it in my stash!

 Last, but certainly not least, is this beautiful card from Judy.  She told me she has been getting her money's worth out of the Fabulous Florets stamp set and this card is a fine example of that.  Judy is smart - when she makes a card, she doesn't make just one but makes several to have on hand.

I'm still waiting for my birthday card from Ashley to arrive!  I played the "pitiful me" part on Tuesday that she didn't send me a card and she told me yes, she did.  She took it to Boston with her and put it in the hotel mail on Tuesday so I would get it in time.  Well, I don't know what they did with it but I should have received it by now.  Come on USPS - send me my card!!!

Well, I have a "girlfriend" from Florida coming over today to play.  So, I need to tidy up and make room for her to work create.

Last night was Senior Night for the Mooresville soccer team.  I was proud of Marianne - she didn't get emotional.  Don't think it has not hit her yet that Harrison will graduate in May.  Hard for me to believe it too.  It seems like just yesterday that he was a toddler and I was helping her potty train him!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Hi Sharon - just wanted to let you know that the card I sent for your birthday was not an "original". I was lucky enough to come across this design (and colors) from a card made by Chat at Me, me stamps and I blog. I don't want to take all the credit for this beautiful card! Hope you had a good birthday, and many, many more. Margaret