Thursday, October 20, 2011

Stitched Stockings

I have had a request for a revision of one of the cards on my Christmas Stamp A Stack.  So I am adding Cards #13 and #14 as seen below.

Plaid Stockings in Cherry Cobbler is #13   /   Dotted Stockings in Real Red is #14




I met Angela and Mom at the surgeon's office this morning ..... at 8:00 which is way too early for me to be up and in town!!  I am NOT a morning person!  Luckily, he did not recommend any major surgery!  We took the x-rays from the Nerve Block Injection that she had on Tuesday so he could see them.  His recommendation is -  let's see if it works; even possibly having to redo the injection in a few weeks.  If we  determine that it is not working, he can do an out-patient surgery to relieve the pressure on the nerves.  The doctor would use a microscope to see and protect the nerve roots, and safely remove the portion of the disc that has herniated. Removing the fragment of disc material that is pressing on the nerve eliminates the pressure on that nerve.  

After the doctor's appointment, we went to breakfast and then I headed home.  I worked fast and furious until my club ladies came at 1:00.  We have started a painting project .... well, let's rephrase that - Sonny is doing the painting!!  We Sonny is going to paint the interior of our house.  I am tired of the white and cream that is on all the walls.   He did the living area yesterday.  I was surprised that he did the whole room in one day!  I stayed out of the way and he never even got cranky!!  When I got home today, we did a little bit of touch up in the corners and then moved all the furniture back in place.  We finished about 30 minutes before club started!   I have been wanting to do this painting for about a year but never really pushed him about it - mainly because I couldn't decide what colors I wanted.  Finally, when he got in the mood to go buy the paint last week, I knew I had to make a decision.  I have a painting in my hall that is matted in a sorta suede brown so that is what I chose for the den, hallways and foyer.  We are going to hire someone to come in and do the foyer since the ceiling is 18 feet tall!!  We have also bought the paint for the dining room.  I am going to match a valance that I have in there and paint the room burgundy.  There is a chair rail so I will leave the bottom white and cream.  Now to figure out about the kitchen.  Ashley gave me a suggestion that I think I am going to go with and paint it a mustard-y color.  When I was in Gig Harbor, I worked at a ceramics painting shop and painted a mustard-gold rooster.  As I was moving the rooster out of the den yesterday, I decided I liked the color and that's what I will paint the kitchen!   That color will also go in Sonny's office/den.  I think it will be perfect with his black and gold Steeler stuff that he has in there!!


OK - my bed is calling my name - time to go visit it!

No comments: