Monday, October 10, 2011

Techniques for You

Did you miss me?

Things have been pretty crazy here lately.  My mom has been sick all week.  We think it is her sciatica nerve tht is getting the best of her.  She is bothered periodically with back problems.   She was on hydrocodien for pain as needed but this week, it was not doing the job.  So, I took her to the doctor on Wednesday for a pain shot and x-rays.  My sister called me on Thursday and said the shot didn't ease the pain either.  So, the doctor gave her a prescription of oxycotin.  It also isn't working like I think it should. The x-rays just show arthritis.  Thursday night Marianne and I went to a Pampered Chef party.  After it was over, we got a call from Angela (my sister) that Mom was in a lot of pain.  So my friend, Kathy who was a nurse, went with me to mom's.  We were able to get her up and into an office chair so we could wheel her into the bathroom and then put her in bed.  We girls have been taking turns staying with mom and getting her to the doctor.  Angela lives with her so she has night duty.  Marianne stayed with her this weekend while Angela was working.  Mom is going in for an MRI on Tuesday.  Once we get the results, we'll decide what to do - continue going to her dr. who is great but is just an family practice doc or try a chiropractor.  I would like to get her off all those meds.  They are not fixing the problem - only masking it.  I'm hoping we can convine her to do some good back stretches and exercises to prevent future outbreaks.  I have had sciatica pain before and I know how bad it hurts.  Luckily, I can tell when my I have sat too long without good support and make an effort to get a step ahead before the pain hits me by doing stretching, exercises, and stand to do my work instead of sitting.

I was happy today that our Steelers played so well and got the win!  I thought the Panthers were going to pull a win off as well, but it wasn't meant to be.  Cam Newton has been a good pick for Carolina but if you live here, you might be getting sick of hearing his name!

I have some techniques to share with you today.  I did a technique swap at Quarterly last week and got some good ones.  Everyone put their techniques - examples and "how to" - on a 6x6 card.


Bleach/Chalk Technique

Embossed Embedded Image

Markers on a Roll

Faux Mother of Pearl

Top Note Square

Iris Folding
Butterfly Pansy

Emerging Color

No comments: