Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snowy Wonderland

Well, we definately got the snow last night!  Probably about 6-8" of the white stuff.  Sonny and I went to the movies yesterday afternoon (Edge of Darkness - pretty good) and it started snowing while we were in the movies.  We met the family for dinner at a Mexican restaurant and it continued to snow.  By the time we got home, the snow had stopped but sometime during the night it started back up with a vengence.  When I woke up this a.m., everywhere was white.  It was so beautiful.  Sonny and I walked over to the boat in the afternoon to clear some of the snow off the cover before it got messed up.  But .... we were too late.  The heavy snow had weighted down the cover and one of the poles had ripped through the canvas cover already.  We worked for about an hour trying to get the snow off the cover with little success.  So we walked back home (about 3 blocks) and Sonny got a shovel and drove back down.  (I had had enough fun for one day!)  He was down there close to 2 hours!!  I was actually getting worried that he'd had a heart attack or somehthing.  But, he was fine and I think actually enjoyed "playing" in the snow!!  Of course, I had camera in hand and snapped a few pictures.

Here's Sonny trudging up the driveway!

I'm pretty bundled up!!

Don't think we'll be grilling today!!

This is my favorite!  I put that mixing bowl out last night before I went to bed to collect snow for snow-cream!  This is what it looked like this morning.  And come to think of it, it is still outside and I haven't made my snow cream.  Guess what I am going to do next????  Yummmm!!  Wonder if it still is good as I remember??

Here is a card I made yesterday.  I really love how it turned out! 


I cut the 2 ovals out of SU Vanilla cardstock with my Oval Nesties.  The base card is Rich Razzleberry (in color).  I wheeled the Vanilla cardstock with the Very Vintage Wheel in Rich Razzleberry.  The Vintage Vogue flowers (from the Occasions mini) are stamped in Rich Razzleberry (some full strength and some stamped off first) and cut out.  The leaves are stamped in Always Artichoke (some full strength & some stamped off).  I put copper brads through the centers of the flowers and glued them down.  A couple of them are popped up with dimensionals.  I'll be sending this card to one of the NC SU demos in Charlotte who lost her husband recently.

What do you think?  Please leave me a comment!

No comments: