Thursday, January 28, 2010

Flower Brooch and SNOW is coming

Last weekend Marianne and I went to Hancock's Fabrics and I bought a bunch of material to make some flower brooches / pins.  They are made with the Sizzix Flower Folds Die (page 201 of SU catty) and my Big Shot.  I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with them, but it was fun making them!  I'm now on the look-out for some cute buttons for the center.  Unfortunately, the SU corduroy buttons I have weren't the right colors, but if they were, they would work great.





Can you tell I like pink?????

We're expecting big weather changes here tomorrow.  It was over 60 degrees today and just beautiful, but that won't be the case for the next few days.  Sonny and I volunteer with the Red Cross and are on stand-by alert in case we are needed to help staff a shelter this weekend.  Here is the weather alert we got late this afternoon from the Red Cross and National Weather Service:

  • System is slowing down meaning that precipitation should not start until late afternoon until early evening Friday  
  • Rapid increase of intensity Friday evening is expected  
  • Storm snow totals are showing 10+ inches in northern Iredell to around 6 inches in southern Iredell  
  • NWS is issuing a WINTER STORM WARNING effective from 2 PM Friday through Saturday  
  • Low Temps Friday night in the mid 20’s  
  • High’s Saturday will not be above freezing  
  • Winds will increase during the period to 15-20 MPH with gust to 30 MPH  
  • Temps Saturday night in the teens / Sunday in mid 30’s / Sunday night possible single digits  
  • There may be significant icing up to 4/10” along the I-85 corridor  
  • This forecast is fairly certain however a small change in the track could bring the icing event further north  
I'm supposed to be teaching a Valentine Northwoods class at our stamp store on Saturday afternoon.  Hmmmm - don't think so!  Hopefully, it will be re-scheduled to next weekend.

No comments: