Sunday, January 10, 2010

Scrunchy Flowers and Family Christmas

I finally had time … and felt a little better …. to make a few cards.  This is one of them.  (all items by Stampin’ Up)
101_4206
The card is made with SU Red cardstock.  I ran the white piece through my Big Shot using the Finial Press Embossing Folder.  I cut the red and black piece out using the Top Note and ran the black piece through the Big Shot using the Elegant Bouquet folder.   I used the Filigree Brads on the side and SU Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (turned over to the solid side).  The “scrunchy flower”  is 5 pieces of pieces of DSP (Night and Day from Holiday Mini) punched out with the Scallop Circle Punch and scrunched up.  Then I poked a hole in the middle for a brad and put a Red Corduroy Button on with Dimensional Tape. 
I was going to send this card to my Secret Sister, but then I realized the Night & Day DSP is retired now!  Her loss!! 
I’ll be making some more of these “scrunchy flowers.”  They’re pretty cool!
I’m feeling much better today and finally was able to sleep good last night.  Friday night I slept downstairs in my chair wrapped up in Sonny’s Snugglie and my Steeler blanket!   And Saturday, I felt about the worse I’d felt all week.  I thought my cold was coming back for a second round, but guess it was just giving me it’s last hurrah.  Today, Sonny has been sneezing and blowing.  I sure hope he hasn’t caught my cold …. you know what babies men are when they are sick!  I have been really careful and have been washing my hand much more than usual.  But, I’m sure after being cooped up in the car with me for two days, those germs were having a field day.
Today we celebrated Christmas at my Mom’s.  She actually kept her Christmas tree up which is a big deal for her!  She is usually pretty superstitious about not having the tree up when the New Year arrives.  All my life, she’s told me that was bad luck.  We all had a nice visit and my brother even came with his two kids (without his wife, of course but that’s another story).  My sister, Marianne and her family and me & Sonny & Ashley all chipped in and bought Mom and Angela (my sister who lives with Mom) a Wii!   Every time we get together Marianne brings her Wii over to my house or if we’re at her house, Mom & Angela play with her Wii.  And Mom has been wanting to buy it for Angela (who’s she kidding?)  We thought this would be a good way to get them both up and moving.  Now they have to pool their money to buy the Wii Fit.

No comments: