Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A clean desk and deployment info

I had a fairly productive day today.  While waiting to hear news from Ashley about her deployment, I cleaned my desk and some of my drawers!   You just can’t believe how many glue sticks, tape runners, etc. I had in my drawer just all jumbled up.  Now, let’s hope I can keep them somewhat organized!  Look at this desk - 101_4245

I can’t remember when my desk was that clean!!  I even got all the bits and pieces of ribbon that I had laying around in their correct jars.

101_4254

Of course, that’s not all the ribbon I have!

101_4253

That’s still not all of it … what can I say?  I like pretty ribbon!

So all this cleaning inspired me to create a few cards!

101_4255

This baby card is for Julie and Jim, friends of Ashley’s from med school.  Julie had a baby a couple of weeks ago (Charlie!).  She wasn’t due until mid February but because the baby was so large, they induced her.  I think he ended up weighing over 9 pounds!!  And he was early!!

101_4231

This card is one I made and sent to my Monday Mailer partner.  Aren’t those little raccoons just darling??  They are in the new Occasions Mini Catalog.  Remember, you can order them either in the clear mount or traditional SU hard rubber.

So, it looks like Ashley will be going to Haiti and possible pretty soon – maybe even next week.  It just depends on how fast the Army can work.   Her name has been submitted to the person who is putting together the team.  She would be the MED AUG [medical augmentation] with the 86th Combat Support Hospital -- basically a tent hospital.  Hopefully, she will know more tomorrow so she can begin to get all her affairs in order.

1 comment:

Wanda M said...

Oh Sharon, I'll be praying for Ashley - I think I just saw on "yahoo news" that there was another earthquake there - or did I misread that info. I'll pray for her safety until she's home again. I love your idea you used with the rubbermaid shelf. I just found one the other day in my storage room, and put it somewhere (but not using it yet) - so I think I'll bring it into my craft room and use it as you are doing. Thanks for the idea. You sure do have alot of ribbon - love it too. Great little work space and glad you were able to get it clean, while waiting to her from your DD. Have a great day!