Sunday, January 31, 2010

Feb Monday Mailer #1

We still have a lot of snow outside.  The sun did come out today but did not do much for melting the snow.  I don't think it got much above freezing and it is supposed to go down to the teens tonight.  So any of the snow that did melt, will freeze over tonight and make the roads treacherous tomorrow.  I am assuming that school will be canceled around here tomorrow.  So even though the snow came over the weekend, the school kids will be happy tomorrow!  We didn't venture out today so I don't know what the roads around here are like. I just enjoyed a lazy day, watched a couple of movies I had taped earlier and made a few cards.  I'm making a few cards to send to some magazines. 

This is the card I made for my Monday Mailer.  We are starting a new month with new partners.  We don't have a theme this month so we can do anything we want.  I used the Big Bird punch that is in the Occasions Mini Catalog and I made him into a cardinal.  The little peak on his head is from a wing that I glued on.  I sponged a little black on him.  The leaves are from the same punch and I found some scraps of Old Olive that had been crimped so that is what I used.  The paper is from the Good Neighbors DSP pack that is FREE in the Saleabration catalog with any $50 order.  It's a great value!!




No comments: