Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's finally here - the BIG 6-0

Well, this is it. Today is the BIG 6-0!! After the late hours I kept this weekend, I should definately be feeling it! But, so far, I feel the same. I got to sleep in a little bit this a.m. and while I was catching up on e-mail, etc. hubby came down with ..... a big bag of dirty laundry & said "Happy Birthday"!! No, that didn't mean he was going to DO the laundry, but that he was bringing it down for me to tackle!! He did laugh when he said it, so he realized the irony. I guess I should be thankful that I am still able to do the laundry (yeah - keep telling myself that one!) Sometimes it's hard to find that silver lining! Nothing special planned for today. I treated myself to breakfast yesterday after my yearly physical & flu shot - eggs, grits, biscuit & country ham. I saved a biscuit & country ham for today so I could feel like I was celebrating!! Now .... to see who will "nuke" it for me. (that'll be moi I'm sure!) Oh - I hear something .... Sonny is emptying the dishwasher for me and making his own oatmeal for breakfast.... another treat for my birthday!! Of course, he usually does those chores anyway!

Seriously, he is a great husband and partner. We've been married for 35 years so guess birthdays are old hat for us. He did a great job last weekend with my party (thanks to Ashley reminding him of his "to do" lists periodically). It's ok - his birthday is next week & I'll be ready!

So, I'm off to enjoy my day and the next time I post to this blog, I'll be ...... gasp, older than 60 and starting on the road to 61!!!

No comments: