Monday, October 27, 2008

"50" birthday card

My brother in law will turn 50 next week so I made a card today to help him celebrate this milestone.  Marianne is having a combo Halloween / birthday party for him Friday night, but we will be out of town then.  I thought the card turned out really cute!  I made an accordian card using my wonderful Scor-Pal and actually got 50 candles on the card!!  I made a belly band to go around the card to keep it closed and cut out the "50" with my Cuttlebug.  The saying on the front is computer generated.  The candles stamp-set is from a retired SU set, Older and Wiser (a great birthday set!).

101_1584

Front of card with "belly band" wrapped around.  The scallop was cut with my Nestabilities.

101_1585

Front of the card with belly band removed.  The saying is computer generated and the candles are embossed white.

101_1587

Card opened - each panel is 3".  The candles are stamped in black with the flames colored in yellow Copic markers.  The "Wishing You ...." is from the Riveting stamp set (retired).

1 comment:

Rhonda Kelly said...

Very cute card! I love it, and very creative. I really like how you got all 50 candles on there. I am sure he is going to LOVE it. Thanks for sharing, fabulous job.