Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bazaar Boxes

Just wanted to share a couple more card boxes I made for my Mom's Christian Women's Group Fall Bazaar.

This one is my favorite card box. I have made so many of these over the years because they are so easy and there is so much you can do with them. I usually try to personalize them for the recipient by putting an initial on them. They make great gifts with a few cards and envie's inside. If you want to make them, here are the basic directions and then you can play around and "make it your own".

Take a 8 1/2" x 11 cardstock and score it.
1) Score along the 11” side at 3 ¼”, 3 ¾”, 8 ¼” and 8 ¾”
2) Score along the 8 ½” side at ¾”, 1 ¼”, 7 ¼” and 7 ¾”
3) Cut out flaps.
4) (optional) Use small corner rounder on outer flaps
5) Fold along all score lines.
6) The 3 ¼” flap is the lower flap. Use sticky strip to adhere this to both ¾” side flaps.
7) The 2 ¼” flap is the top flap of this box. Use half of Velcro dot as closure – or wrap ribbon around.


This card box is an acetate box that my a friend gave me. I just made a "belly band" around the box in red and decorated a panel for the front. I used Eastern Blooms stamp set in Elegant Eggplant and Real Red (SU). On the back of the box, I stamped letters using my Just Rite Monogram stamp set and my 1" circle punch. Easy, peasy!!

No comments: