Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Big Winner!!

Ok - I have been super busy this week!! I have been working on making Halloween treat bags for my daughter to take back to DC with her. She's coming down for the weekend and throwing a birthday (#60!!) party for me!! So I've been getting ready for that - more details later! Yesterday was my bridge day. Today, I was up bright & early to work in the Mooresville Soup Kitchen. Then I had a little shopping to do. And tonight, I played bunco in my neighborhood. We get together once a month for Bunco & I have only gone once since last winter! I used to go every month, but it seems like lately, there's always a conflict or I forget!! So tonight, I made an effort to go & am I ever glad I did - it made me $83 richer!!! I won Most Games (8 out of 12). Plus, we pass a hat around whenever you roll a Bunco. Whoever has the hat on at the end of the night, gets a prize. So, I only had 1 Bunco but, you guessed it, it was the one that counted!! My family knows how much I love hats, so it was appropriate I should have won. Plus, the Halloween hat matched my orange Halloween shirt!! Then after we played Bunco, we played a Left-Right-Center game that was a lot of fun. If you've never played it, it's really simple. There are 3 dice with "L"; "R"; "C"; and a dot on them. Each person starts out with $3. You roll the dice and if you get the "L" you pass $1 to the Left; "R", $1 to the Right; and "C" $1 goes in the Center (the pot). If you roll a Dot, you get a free pass. Whoever is left at the end with her dollar, gets the pot!! That was ME!!!! What a great game!! I should have won anyway since it is almost my birthday!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh congratulations Sharon!!!!! That is so great that you won all that money. You look great in that hat!!

Enjoy your weekend and I hope the party is super! Tell your daughter hello for me, and I hope she is doing better without Mr. Kitty.