Friday, October 10, 2008

Season of Friendship Box & Cards

I've been busy this week making card boxes for my Mom. Her Christian Women's Group is having a little bazaar next week at their monthly meeting. She told me she had a bunch of cards I'd given her over the years to use and she thought she'd just take some of them. I said "Whoa .... let me look at them first!" A lot of them were from my early card making days and they looked it too!! Way back then, I didn't do much stamping. I started out taking a card class at our local Senior Center where we did a lot of dry embossing and punches .... you know, punch a few flowers and glue them on a card!! (attaching a few of them!) So, needless to say, those cards are going in the trash!! I made a box using a pattern from Scor Pal. I just did something wrong and my top became my bottom and my bottom became my top. My plan was to use patterned paper for the top and solid for the bottom, but .... things don't always work out the way you plan it! Anyway, I ended up putting the tree from Season of Friendship (Holiday mini catalog) on the top of the box and coordinated it with the patterned bottom. I then made 4 cards using the same stamp set for the box.

This fall card I embossed the tree with Copper Embossing Powder and the background (retired background stamp - Stripes). The leaves are stamped in Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss. I used my Nestabilities to cut the ovals.

This winter card I stamped the tree twice and used Crystal Effects on the darker tree. I stamped snowflakes all over. I used Stickles on the tree branches. The patterned paper at the bottom is from Hostess Patterns Pack with a strip of Kiwi and strip of Baja Breeze. The three dots at the bottom are covered with Crystal Effects.

The spring card uses Green Galore cardstock and Riding Hood Red. The tree is stamped in Basic Gray ink with Green Galore leaves and Pink Pirouette flowers. The saying "friend to friend" is from Pocket Silouettes.

This winter card base is Night of Navy wheeled with a retired Snowflake wheel in Whisper White. I used the Top Note Die (in my Cuttlebug) to cut a white and a Pacific Point die. I stamped snowflakes all around the tree and stickled the bottom of the card and put Star Dust stickles on the tree.

No comments: