Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday - Calendar & Popcorn Holder

I've been working all day on items for my Secret Sister Reveal Box. I should already have mailed it, but I keep thinking "I'll add just one more thing!" I'm done now & ready to seal it up and get it on it's way! Today, I made a 2009 calendar using the downloadable calendar from Amuse Stamps. I just printed the months out onto white cardstock and decorated them. The cover and back are coasters. The Designer Paper is from Western Sky, which was in last year's SU catalog.



AND, I made this cute mini popcorn holder! The pop corn holder is really easy and would be great for Trick or Treaters!! It fits the mini microwave popcorn bags. I used some darling paper that my good friend, Judy, brought me last month!! And the little ghost is also from the designer paper - I just cut him out.
    Here are the directions:

  • Cut a sheet of cardstock (or Designer Paper like I did) 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"

  • Decorate cardstock - stamping, etc. as desired.

  • Wrap around the popcorn bag. Apply adhesive. The fit should be loose enough to get the popcorn out but snug enough that the popcorn does not fall out.

  • Remove popcorn from sleeve. Using 1/4" punch (square or round), punch a hole through one layer in the center of the front top edge of the sleeve about 1/2" down from the edge. Punch another hole in the back of the sleeve also.

  • Cut ribbon about 15" long. Fold ribbon in half. Put one short side of the popcorn bag in the fold of the ribbon & then slide the ribbon & the bag into the sleeve. The ribbon should be extending from the top edge by the holes. Thread the ribbon from the inside of the sleeve to the outside of the sleeve on both front & back. Tie ends in a knot.

Have a great weekend!!

SHARON

No comments: