Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sooooo Close but No Cigar!

I've finally gotten everything cut out and put in packages for my class tomorrow night and Saturday at Stamper's Alley - while watching the Stanley Cup. So close ..... but no cigar or Stanley Cup for Pittsburgh!! Unfortunately, the hockey championship did not have the outcome I wanted (Pittsburgh to WIN) but Detroit played a better game over all. After Monday night's come from behind, I thought Pittsburgh would be another Cinderella team, but it was not to be.

This week's class at Stamper's Alley is 8 All Occasion cards (3 x 6"), envies and a box to store them in. I taught a similar class a few months ago (just birthday cards then) and it was quite successful. I just love teaching stamping!! There's a little bit of everything in these cards. We'll use colored pencils with gamsol; paper piecing; masking; reverse masking; glitter and stickles!! Something for everyone.
I will be teaching a "Critters Class" at the end of the month. We will be making standard size cards with images of different critters - dinosaurs; monkeys; lions; elephants, etc.!! The cards are geared for children, but with different sentiments, you could use them for anyone.
It was a hot day today here in NC and just the beginning of our hot wave, I believe. The forcast is for the 90's for the next week. We got a little relief by going out on Lake Norman in our boat today and "rafting up" with a few other boats.
Stay cool wherever you are!

No comments: