Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Feet

When we went to Kernersville a few weeks ago for Spring Fling, after lunch Marianne, Judy and I popped into a cute little shop. I found these adorable shoes! They are made by Okabashi and are oh, so comfortable! They are even endorsed by the American Chiropractic Association (which should make my chiro happy!!) I am going to take them to my podiatrist next week to see what he thinks. I've just discovered their web-site and don't see the ones I bought on it. It's a good thing too because I paid $30 for my shoes and there's not a pair over $15.00 on the website. But, now, I think I'll buy some of the flip flops (Ocean) and I like the Wave ones. Check out their website and make your feet happy!!

I have gotten lots of compliments on my shoes. They came with the pink and brown ribbon (seen below) on them which was really cute and "preppy". I went to Michael's and bought a few spools of ribbon and have been having fun changing out the ribbon to match my outfits!



Just for summer, here are the top ten Summer Foot Care Tips: (from Okabashi)



1. Keep your feet clean. Wash and dry your feet thoroughly before putting on shoes.

2. Wear good supportive shoes, especially if you will be on your feet a lot.

3. Put away your winter shoes & wear good quality sandals or tennis shoes.

4. Don't forget sunscreen. With flip-flops and sandals, protect your feet from UV rays.

5. Wear flip-flops or slides in public locker rooms - avoid fungi and bacteria that is lurking there.

6. Avoid going barefoot (awwww - my favorite thing to do in summer!).

7. When traveling, take breaks from sitting & move around. Wiggle your toes.

8. Wear shoes that fit properly and don't wear the same shoes every day.

9. After a long day of walking, treat your feet to a soak and a foot rub.

10. Take care of your nails and cuticles to prevent infection.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wear these shoes too and agree they’re so comfortable! I love the ribbon you chose! Just a side note, the company that makes these is OKA b. www.shoesthatloveyou.com and you can see lots of different version of this style on their site in addition to some other really sassy shoes. I have three different pairs so far!