Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lost in the mail

I've been stamping like crazy this weekend! We're going to DC to see my daughter for the 4th - leaving Tuesday - so trying to get everything caught up before we leave. I did 2 cards for my Monday Mailer since we will be gone all week. I'll be ready to put the second one in the mail when we return.. In July, we are supposed to use Bold Brights. They used to be my favorite color combo, but I think Rich Regals have taken their place. Anyway for next weeks card, I used yellow and red. Wow, is it bright. So bright, you might need shades!! I used the Enjoy stamp. I'm loving this set - don't know why I waited so long to buy it.

Last night I found out that one of my swaps that I did for VCRocks arrived in Washington empty!! She said all that was in the envelope was my return envelope. Someone must have opened it en route because I used a kraft envelope, licking the seal and securing the fastener PLUS I ran scotch tape over the seal. The swap hostess said it looked like packing tape was put over my scotch tape. I should have said just forget it and dropped from the swap. But .... no, not me. That would have been too easy! This afternoon I worked on making another card for the swap using my Boho Blossoms punch and the One of a Kind stamp set. I only had to do 11 so they went pretty quick once I figured out what I wanted to do (the hardest part for me!) The card that was lost was the blue Riot of Petals one that took me forever to color (you can check them out in an earlier post). Anyway, here is my new swap.

No comments: