Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I have been working on my swaps for VCRocks (a new group I joined this summer). Finally got them finished and all but one set in the mail. Wow - mailing them cost me over $30. I'll remember that the next time I enter that many swaps.

The different categories of the swaps I did are:





FRESH AND FUN (using a stamp set that will be in the new catalog that comes out in August)
I did this card in blues using Riot of Petals - my very favorite background stamp. It will be on the dormant list instead of in the catalog (but we only just found this out). I hope that does not mean it will be gone when the Winter catalog is released!




CLEARLY COOL swap - making a card using acetate. I just love these cards! I used the leaf from the set, With Gratitude.











TECHNICALLY TERRIFIC (utilizing a technique)
I did the grid technique. It is super easy with the Scor-Pal!! I used the leaf set from Embrace Life and the saying is from All Holidays.











HOW THE WEST WAS WON (western themed card)

For this card, I used the Western Sky designer paper. I just love that paper!! I made a tent card and used my star punches.







COASTER SWAP (making something from a chipboard coaster)

This is the sticky note holder that I showed you how to make in an earlier post.
















WINGED THINGS- self explanatory!

I embossed in white on the black cardstock and used the bird from the Always set that I just ordered.










I also did an ATC (trading card size) technique swap. That was rather easy and the hostess will make a card from our ATC and send it to us.

Hope you enjoy seeing these cards!

Sharon

1 comment:

Linda McClain said...

Wow, wow, wow! I love these cards, and I love your blog. The acetate card is amazing and I love the grid work. I'm impressed, too, with your blog lists - how you get the latest post title. I gotta figure that out.