Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Sad Day

Today is a sad day for us. Ashley lost her beloved furry best friend and companion, Taco. She came home last night to find him asleep in his litter box and making strange moaning sounds. He was definately trying to tell her he was sick in the only way he knew how. First thing this morning she had him at the vet. They determined it was a bladder obstruction (which I believe is common in male cats). They were preparing to hook him up to an IV when he went into cardiac arrest. Poor Taco. He was a beloved member of our family and had wormed his way into all our hearts. Even Sonny, who is not a cat lover. I have pictures of Taco sitting in his lap. Sonny said Taco was more like a dog than a cat! Taco was a little trooper. When Ashley moved from Washington state to Washington, DC - all the way across the country, Taco made the move great. Ashley and I stopped all along the way taking in the sights. Taco sat right between us on a pillow on the console either sleeping or looking out the window. Whenever Ashley went out of town on a long trip - Peru, Thailand, etc. Taco would come to NC and stay with us. He was just a wonderful cat and will be sorely missed. She only had him a few short years but they were happy ones. The sad fact is that our treasured companions do not live as long as we do.

Taco, you will be missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Ashley I am so sorry to hear about Taco.
I can't believe he wasn't a old cat either. When it is right for her she will have to get another furry friend.

Sincerely, Jackie

Anonymous said...

Mom and I already miss Taco! I know what she's going through having lost 2 myself: Sylvester to kidney failure and Baby to feline leukemia. Each was like loosing a child! My kitties are always with me in my memories and now Taco will be too. We all loved Taco and will missed him! I can see him now in kitty heaven playing with my Sylvester and Baby! :-) Love ya Ashley!

Angie