Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Stamping Queens Sketch + Blog Candy

Two posts today!  The other post I thought was scheduled for yesterday .... guess I picked the wrong date!  Makes sense since yesterday felt like two days to me.  In fact, I was talking to my friend, Margaret, earlier and told her today was Thursday.  She corrected me and told me no, it was Wednesday!

I took Mom to her regular doctor yesterday to see if we could get a grip on what was going on.  I think Mom thought he was going to "fix" her when he actually cannot do that.  He explained to us about what a crap shoot pinpointing the cause of pain on the spine when you have so much going on up and down.  She has arthritis, degenerative discs and stenosis.  When they did the surgery, they hoped they were hitting the source of her pain.  But, guess not all of it.  So, now we need to get the injection to the S-1 vertebrae and hope that helps.  He was going to call the pain mgt. doctor to see if he could fit mom in any earlier than July 16.  So, as usual, I am waiting for doctors to call!!  After the doctor left the room yesterday, Mom fell apart.  She is getting really depressed and giving up hope of ever feeling better.  She called Ashley last night and could barely talk to her, she was crying so hard.  It is really tough to see your mom like this.

I had my card class in the afternoon (I'll be sharing those cards tomorrow).  I did good this time - they finished 4 cards in 2 hours!!  I really tried hard not to let them be too intricate but still look pretty.  After class, Marianne and Judy and I went out to dinner at Pomodoro's in Mooresville.  It was really good and I have my lunch for tomorrow!!

Today is Stamping Queens Sketch Challenge and I did my card on MDS.



Look familiar?  I used the the elements from the digital kit, Sweet Shop - same as I have done on my blog background and banner.  The black frames are from the Candid Frames download.

We’d love to have you join us for the Stamping Queens Challenge this week!  Simply make a card using the basic bones of the sketch above, and then visit the stampin’ queens sketch challenge blog  to add your interpretation.  This week we are giving away BLOG CANDY - a 10-second bow maker.

No comments: