Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fathers Day Card

Saturday my nephew, Harrison, graduated from Mooresville High School.  The next day he took his first airplane ride!  The family took a vacation to Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Las Vegas and who knows from there!  I've been following their progress as they post on Facebook.  Isn't modern technology wonderful?!!  At his graduation party, there was more food than any of us could eat and this beautiful cake.  His friend, Sean's grandmother made the cake with both Sean & Harrison's names on it.  I think this friend is the only one who is allowed to call him Harry!  My mom told him that when he was born, Marianne told her she better not ever call him Harry .... his name was Harrison!  That's all any of us have ever called him so imagine our surprise to see Harry on the cake!  It was a yummy cake - one layer, strawberry and the bottom layer, chocolate.


Marianne and Harrison
I have a guest designer today, my sister Marianne.  She made this Father's Day card and asked me to mail it while she was gone.  Isn't it great?  She used the retired DSP, Mocha Morning and several punches.  She ran it through the Big Shot with the dotted embossing folder before adhering it to the front of the card.
Happy Father's Day
Sammie sure missed me while I was gone and has not let me forget it either!  She has certainly come out of myher shell in the past few months since I've had her.  She doesn't like to see me working without giving her attention and makes sure she lays right on the keyboard or the table where I am working for me to pet her.  Or her favorite thing is to bring me one of her many plastic drinking straws that she has scattered all over the house and play with her.  In the picture below, she is looking down at her straw - who will get it .... her or me?
Hanging out on my desk
Here is another place she likes to hang out!  It's pretty scary to me but doesn't seem to bother her.

hanging out on the bannister

Hanging out on my chair

No comments: