Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sketch Challenge

I had a really lazy day today.  It's so nice once in a while.  We are planning a trip in August to the Outer Banks when Ashley comes to visit.  We want to stay a few days in the more touristy area and see the play, The Lost Colony in Roanoke.  Then take the ferry and stay a couple of nights in Okrakoke.  So, I've been comparing rates to get the best deal on motels and trying to make a decision.

I sure hope Sammie has 9 lives!  Today I was standing in the hall upstairs talking to Sonny and Sammie was trying to get my attention I guess.  She jumped up on the bannister railing and was trying to straddle it like she likes to do.  But this time, she was on the quilt that I have hanging on the railing and it started to slip.  Sammie kept clawing to try to catch herself and all I could do was watch in horror as she fell backwards.  She landed on her feet (I think!) on a table that I have in the foyer and then onto the floor.  She broke a little crystal do-dad that was on the table in a hundred pieces!  I think she is ok.  She's been pretty quiet since her fall.  I bet she doesn't jump up there any more!

We got a call this morning from the Red Cross that we could be deployed to the hurricane/tornado area in Florida.  As of now, we are on stand-by.  They think they may deploy two teams.  Since I need to take Mom to the doctor on Thursday, we are standing by for the second team - hoping it won't deploy until after Thursday.

The Stamping Queens Sketch is a fairly easy one this week involving tags.



I used My Digital Studio to make the card.  Elements used from MDS are:

Sunset Serenade DSP, Taffeta Trimmings ribbon,  Twitterpated buttons, Tea Time II tags, butterflies are from Flores Suaves, Live Your Dream and Touch of Nature and Scallop Punch.

2 comments:

Sharon Wheet said...

Sharon, what a wonderful card! I too thought 'tags' when I saw the sketch. (I guess great minds think the same) I love how you added butterflies! II almost added them to my card) But I love how your card has dimension. The colors are pretty and the images are crisp and clean. Fabulous! TFS

Unknown said...

Your card is darling.... I love how you created this in MDS too! Your colors are terrific. =)