Thursday, June 7, 2012

Another Papaya Collage

Sorry for not posting yesterday - seems as I've picked up a bit of a cold since returning from our trip.  I think I sneezed my head off yesterday while I was going through a box of kleenex blowing my nose.  So, I'm staying close to home today and taking it easy.

I took my mom out to lunch yesterday just to get her up and out of the house.  (I tried to keep my distance so she wouldn't catch my cold but at the time, I thought it was just allergies.)  She did great - using her walker to go to the restaurant.  We just did a short outing - to a deli for lunch and back home.  But last night she called me in tears she was hurting so bad.  This is getting really frustrating.  Today she and Angela are getting their hair cut so we'll see how today goes.  I have a call in to her doctor to discuss the situation.  I hate being at the mercy of these doctors.

I finally picked my 2 free stamp sets (compliments of my SAB sales) Tuesday and put my order in for them.  I ordered Everything Eleanor and From My Heart.  Of course, I have a whole page of other stamps that I want on my Wish List but they will be there for another time.  I also ordered all the in color cardstock, Polka Dot DSP, Dahlia embellishments, Chevron embossing folder, Delicate Designs textured folder, and was able to get a new stamp set that will be offered for $5 in July for every $50 order, Reason to Smile.  Now I just have to be patient and wait for UPS to process my order and bring it to my doorstep.

In the meantime, I have been having fun playing with Papaya Collage, the new stamp set I got in the pre-order as well as the new In Colors.

I know a lot of people are on the fence about the new Summer Starfruit color.  I probably am too.  I love the color that it stamps.  This is the first time I have used it for a card and I love how it coordinates with the other colors.  I stamped the background with Versamark to add a little contrast to the color.  The frame is stamped with Midnight Muse and the leaves are stamped with Gumball Green.  So what do you think?

No comments: