Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Fathers Day to all those great fathers out there!  I am lucky to have a great father living in my house.  He has been a great father to both of our children - daughter, Ashley and son, Jeffrey.  I was blessed to have two fathers in my life.  I grew up with my step-father, Lee Burke, who was a great father to all us kids.  I later got to know my birth father, Bill Edwards.  Unfortunately, neither of them are alive today.  But I know they still look down on me and watch over me and my kids.

Here are the two Father's Day cards I made this week.  The first one I made for my son who has 4 children that keep him busy.  I am sure he is a great father to all of them. I used The Open Sea for the card and the retired Nautical DSP.

 This is the card I made for Sonny.  I got up this morning and fixed him a good breakfast and had the card ready at his seat at the table.  I think we will be going out later on the boat now that I feel better.  Yesterday I had a bit of Vertigo.  I get that every so often but don't think I have been bothered by it in several years.  I took a pill which made me sleepy all day so I didn't get a lot accomplished yesterday!  Luckily, I remembered I had this "Old Guys Rule" DSP stashed away in time to use it for this card!  He has a tee like this that Ashley gave him so the card is only fitting!



Here's a sweet poem I saw on the internet and thought it was so appropriate for today.

THE LITTLE CHAP WHO FOLLOWS ME

 A careful man I ought to be,
A little fellow follows me,
I do not dare to go astray
For fear he'll go the self same way.

I cannot once escape his eyes,
Whate'er he sees me do, he tries;
Like me, he says, he's going to be,
The little chap who follows me.

He thinks that I am good and fine,
Believes in every word of mine
The base in me he must not see,
The little chap who follows me.

I must remember as I go,
Through summer's fun and winter's snow,
In building for the years to be
The little chap who follows me!

1 comment:

Ellen Jarvis said...

Hi Sharon ...

Happy Father's Day to all the special men in your life, with us and in Heaven. I love that tag you used "Old Men Rule", Still crazy after all these beers. TOO CUTE. It would be so appropriate. I feel like I made a zillion Fathers' Day cards this year, as some kits I had ordered featured them. I'm going to take a good look at them again to see if I can alter them for masculine birthday cards.

On one hand, I am lucky in that my Dad is still with us here on this green Earth, but I am sad that he is 1200 miles away from me, living in FL with Mom. They're having a great time (still, at 84 and 82, respectively) but their needs are increasing to a point that I wish we weren't so far apart. Wishing won't make us closer geographically -- they love FL, and I love living a mile away from my young granddaughter ... so ... oh well.

Have a great week, and I hope that vertigo goes away and stays away. I always enjoy your posts.

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net