Friday, July 15, 2011

Tired but having fun!

Too tired for much of a post but just wanted to tell you I'm having a blast here in Salt Lake City.  I've made a bunch of new friends, seen some old friends and am learning a bunch!  Things have been going at a break-neck speed though and I haven't had any dinner in the two days I've been here!!  I arrived at the hotel around 2 pm yesterday and hurried over to the Convention Center (located right next door!!) to pick up my FREE stamps and convention tote bag (pretty cool!).  Of course, while there I had to run into Momento Mall and buy a few goodies!!  Our room wasn't ready so Nancy and I and a couple of other new and old friends hung out in the lobby.  While there, we met a gal who wanted to teach us how to make a rose.  So we found an empty conference room and she had all the ingredients for us to make a super cool rose and a little box that will hold small note cards!  By then, we checked into our room, unpacked and headed over to the Convention Center for the Convention Kick Off Party.  It wasn't over until after 8:00 and we were too tired to try and find a restaurant.  Lucky for me, my roomie likes a glass of wine as I do so we headed to the hotel restaurant and had an appetizer and a couple of glasses of vino!!  Then it was bed time and we were beat.  We were up bright and early this morning to have a quick bite (yogurt and a peach) before heading back to the convention center for our first general session and classes.  By the time all that was over, I had to head over to do some swaps and then back to Momento Mall!!  I also took some time to look over all the wonderful displays and demonstrations of the new products we'll be offering soon (like a Scoring Board!!).  A quick trip back to the hotel  to look over all my goodies and then back to Awards Night.  There was an After Party after Awards Night.  Nancy and I hung around a few minutes - enough to eat a dessert and for me to do the Electric Slide!!  Remember .... 2nd night - NO Dinner!!  So back to the hotel lounge it was for another appetizer and vino!  Tomorrow, I AM GOING TO EAT!!  We get a box breakfast and box lunch so you can imagine!! 

Well, Nancy has gone to bed and I think it is time for me to do the same.  Another full day tomorrow!!

No comments: